Wednesday, November 27, 2019

An unfortunate update

I have an unfortunate update, readers. I discovered a copy of The Babbling Brook on my doorstep this morning without having officially subscribed to it. One could chock this up to a coincidence, however the paper came along with a note that read:

Hello Mr. Hunter Holloway,

Welcome back to Nettlebrook! Thought you might enjoy this, since you used to report for The Babbling Brook. So sorry we didn't ask your permission before writing an announcement about your return in this week's issue. Your return was a surprise to our staff, so we thought we would surprise you!

Feel free to stop by the office anytime so we can formally meet. I've heard so much about you.

Cheers,
Drew Harris
Editor-in-Chief of The Babbling Brook

If a founding family member knows my whereabouts, it can't be good... But I knew I couldn't hide forever. Perhaps it's finally time I paid a visit to my former workplace...

7 comments: